Tuesday, September 27, 2005

holidays next week!

Piew....8 weeks of placement at QEH is almost to an end....totally relieved! Hurrah!!! However, a bit reluctant to end my acute care placement cause that means that I'll have to start my rehabilitation placement in about 3 weeks time! Hai...xian!!!

Went up to Handorf last Saturday with the rest of our gang. We caught a bus up there and had a buffet lunch at this place called "The Old Mill" (if I remembered the name of it correctly :P) Anyway, I was very full from the lunch and as usual I did not eat a lot. Haven't got a big apetite these few days...erm...that's good...means that I get to lose some weight now! hahahaha.... After a heavy lunch, we basically walked around Handorf taking silly pictures here and there. The most significant thing that I can think of now was WJ stepping onto dog's poo there (had taken a movie of her trying to remove the poo from her shoe! real funny!) She was screaming and whining while rubbing the sole of her shoes on the grass....hoping that the poo does not stays there...!! All of us laughed like crazy when we saw that! After the enjoyable trip in Handorf, we went up to Norwood for bowling. hehehe....second time that I played bowling and guess what??? I got 2 strikes...isn't that great? hehehe....couldn't help feeling proud of my bowling skills. Nearly beat Erbert's score...hahaha......I'm the second highest....!!! :P Edmund was the champion that night. He had about 5-6 strikes during the second game which was really really amazing....all of us cheered and clapped like the whole place is ours!!! Overall..the bowling was extremely fun...but to me I was a bit bored towards the end of the game. I was not bowling very seriously at the end there...hahaha...guess what I did? The swung the bowling ball to the side of the lane....and the ball went zigzag into the end of the lane, hiting only a few pins on the side. People's ball was going straight whereas my ball was going sideways (like a crab!). :P Erbert did the zigzaggy thingy and in the end his ball hit none of the pins standing there.....and all of us couldnt' help but laugh at his bad luck!

After the bowling....bought KFC and went to my house to have our late dinner. All of us were looking through pictures while having the delicious fried chickens. That's about it for Saturday.....ended with laughter and smiles. Eventhough we did nothing very special for the day.....however, I really enjoyed it. :)

On Sunday, went for car ride with Michelle and Hong Gunn. Michelle was practising driving a manual car. We went to a park in Campbelltown and up to Mount Lofty. Michelle was not very confident driving a manual car...but she manages well when driving up the windy road to Mount Lofty. After the car ride, i went to have dinner with Teck Heng and Erbert. During the afternoon, these two went to a bookstore with Erbert's portable computer to copy recipes for dinner. Like I've told them, if they continued doing this, they are able to publish their own cookbook with re-editted recipes. hahahaha...!!! But honestly, the "supposed-to-be-soup" porridge, overloaded with meatballs, onions, sesame oil, eggs and soya sauce was very very very delicious. Probably the re-editted recipes was not that bad after all???? Till now, i think they are alright....except for this salmon dish that they've tried to cook last week which was not up to the two guys' standard!Personally, I think that the salmon tasted ok....not as bad as they said it would be.

Monday---placement as usual! Boring.....!!!!!!

No comments: