Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Pakistan guy at king william street??

Today it was just a normal day for me, as usual feeling exhausted after dealing with this extremely difficult kid at placement. Was leisurely walking towards Rundall mall, going towards Rundall mall when all of a sudden a guy approached me asking me for directions. This guy----how to say, is about my height...probably slightly taller than me and is darker than me). He spoked to me in Malay, asking me where am I from. Well, we started a conversation using my lousy Malay (with a bit of english in between) Basically, he was asking me about where do I come from, which country, what my name is etc...!!! This is so normal cause I always do that when I'm talking to a stranger here in Rundall Mall. People here are very friendly...so I don't see anything fishy in him thinking that he's just a lost visitor here in Adelaide and was happy to see someone from the same background as him (he told me that he's from Sabah---Tawau.l..the same state as I'm from). However, things are not always as simple as I thought it would be. He started to ask me fishy questions like whether I am attached/married or not...!!! Before I can think of what his motives were, he asked if I can be his gf or not. What the heck? That's very sudden and I've never ever thought that that would happen to me. I was so shocked when I heard that. So........what did I do? I tried to act blur....saying that I don't understand what he's trying to tell me (btw...he is talking to me in broken english...so that reason of not understanding him is pretty logical I would say). However, he's not easy to brush away, he tried hard using his broken malay and english trying to ask me the same thing again. Unfortunately I just have to tell him "no, thank you!" straight at his face. Luckily he took it quite well by giving me a smile and bring out his hand out to give me a handshake. For a moment there, I was thinking if I should shake his hand or not. However, I thought that it's just a friendly gesture...so why worry? Moreover, King William Street is one of the busiest street here in Adelaide...I think don't anything drastic would happen anyway. So, a bit reluctant, I shaked his hand thinking that everything should be fine. As I was shaking his hand, he suddenly pulled me over to his side and give me a good bye kiss (I think...!!) Luckily, my reflexes were quick enough to react to what's happening at that moment. I quickly backed off with eyes opened wide with shocked, pulled my hand away from his...uttered the word "bye" and left quickly without turning back. I was a bit shocked and scared...!! But luckily this man did not get angry or anything....phew...that was close...!!! I quickily called up Michelle.........telling her what happened to me...and was being teased by her...!!! Hai.........!!!! :P So...what have I learnt from this? Never ever again to be too friendly to people that you don't know...and of course...never to shake people's hand whom you think are fishy...!!!! Lesson no. 1 for the day!!!!! :)

Today it's extremely hot-----31 degrees!!!! I was so hot that I lose my apetite to eat...!!! Haven't been eating main meals for quite a few days already........dinner was instant noodles....and fruits...!!! This week is pear week....bought about 5 pears yesterday...planning to eat one each day for lunch...!!! hahaha...healthy!!!!!! :) Michelle was whining about the hot weather today like crazy...!!!! Can't blame here...it's really really hot until I don't feel like doing anything except taking showers! Flies were everywhere...it's crazy...!! You can see people having "flies fight" when they are walking.......trying to brush the flies away which are very irritating...!!! However, it's never ever successful in doing that! The flies are really annoying! Summer is coming and I reckon the flies will be ready for their "big attacks" soon! Luckily I'm not going to be here for summer...!!! Good luck to those who are going to be here during that period of time! :)

Anyway, going now. Bye bye everyone!

No comments: